Monday, February 28, 2011

Good Readers and good writers

Nabokov’s believe of a good reader is a re-reader. I do agree with him because when a reader doesn't understand the material then he re-reads it. Re-reading and understanding the material until it is clear is the right thing to do because then that is when you have a good understanding. In my believe characteristics of a good reader are that understanding the material is very important. Good synthesis is also required because thinking outside the lines is important to have an open mind about what you are reading. I do not consider myself a good reader at all because i will read things and don’t understand them then I will re-read it and still wont get a good understanding, but i have got a little better over the years. One of the reasons is why I don’t practice it often. In the future I think I would really like to get better and maybe even write a book of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment